Wednesday 30 March 2011

Focus Group - Draft of magazine

I chose a few people who fit into my target audience of 15-21 year olds who like indie/pop mainstream music and mainly girls. I showed them my initial magazine draft and asked them what they liked about it. Then I asked them to give me strengths and weaknesses of the magazine and how I could improve.

Questions I asked:
  • Strengths?
  • Weaknesses?
  • How appealing is it on a scale of 1-10?
  • What could i do to improve?
Answers:
(front cover) "I like the free posters layout, I also like the purple because its girly but not too in your face. There isn't very many coverlines though, and the fonts look a bit boring. It appealingness to me is 7. To improve you could add more coverlines and try out some different fonts. (contents page) I like the pattern behind the titles and the overall layout of the page. Unfortunately because of the colour you can't see the titles very well as they dont stand out on the pattern. Appeallingness is 8 and to improve use some different fonts and colours to better appeal to your T.A. (double page spread) I love the colour scheme of the spread, it really stands out, the font of the pull quote is also pretty appealling. There needs to be more questions on there so, so improve by doing this. Appeallingness is 8."

No comments:

Post a Comment